Parents & Students,
We are very excited about our first football game and performance this Thursday, August 27th! The game begins at 6 pm. We’d love to see you there supporting Kempner High School!
Below is some information that you’ll need in order for your student to be ready on Thursday.
Materials Checklist: The following items will need to be brought to school on Thursday.
- Khaki Shorts (plain front preferred)
- Black Belt (non-karate preferred)
- Member Shirt (will be distributed by directors)
- Marching Shoes (will be distributed by directors for new members)
- Black Ankle Socks (non-showing preferred)
- Flip Folder (can be purchased at Music & Arts, holds music for stands)
We will be wearing our “Hot Weather Uniform”, which consists of a member shirt, khaki shorts, a black belt, marching shoes, and black no-show ankle socks.
We will be feeding the students prior to every game and marching performance. Thus, students are expected to stay on campus after a short rehearsal on game days. They will be fed, then they will get dressed and load the buses.
After we return from the game, students will not be allowed to leave the band hall until we dismiss as a group. This will be more important once we have full uniforms and we have to check them in. However, we will be dismissing as a group regardless of the uniform choice. Please be patient with this process as it helps our program stay organized.
Please let me know if you have any questions!